Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Me want frosting

What was I doing on Valentine's Day? Thinking about (and thinking about blogging about) cake. Sorry, Cathy moment.



But seriously, if you are a cupcake fan, you're going to lose your shiz over the vegan peanut butter cupcakes at Eclair Bakery in Arroyo Grande. Honestly, maybe THE best vegan cupcakes we've ever tasted! And I mean come on, there's like an inch of incredible buttercream frosting on top!! Fuuuuucccc...

And another fun fact: the baker chick there says she's willing to veganize whatever your lil' heart desires, so get creative and put her to the test!

Eclair Bakery
117 E. Branch St.
Arroyo Grande, Ca 93420
(805) 481-7654


******

On another awesome note, looks like our pals at Wholesome Chow are opening a store in the near future! More info to come!!

They also have a really cute and useful blog:

Wholesome Chow Blog!

6 comments:

  1. The chocolate peanut butter cupcakes were seriously the best cupcakes I've ever eaten - pre and post-vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was posted by Amy. Kiyoko was not just reiterating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be a vegan in SLO! Have you ever heard of any vegan clubs or gatherings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Central Coast Vegetarian Network is a great place to start! They host events all the time and also sponsor Farm Sanctuary's Annual Walk for the Animals!!

    http://www.meetup.com/The-Central-Coast-Vegetarian-Network-Meetup-Group/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! I was the Vegan baker at Eclair! I just found this posting and I am so encouraged by this! If anyone ever wants or needs anything I would love to help out. I know it's hard in this area to get delicious and beautiful treats. I also do Gluten Free and combine the two if necessary! Feel free to email me!

    cuisinedeloup@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete